Category: Hobbies, Crafts and DIY
Regular price: $2.99
Deal price: FREE
Deal starts: February 17, 2021
Deal ends: February 17, 2021
3rd Edition Just Released! No Increase In Cost! Limited Time Offer At This Price!
Catch wrestling (or Catch As Can Wrestling) is a bit of an umbrella term that captures several similar grappling arts. Generally speaking, current forms of catch wrestling are jacketless (no gi) arts that allow a wide range of submissions and also honor pins as a way to win a match. It is an extremely effective form of grappling and helped to establish an early form of Mixed Martial Arts.
Much like Judo, catch wrestling got its start in the Middle Ages when armored knights would fight one another. The heavy metal armor presented real problems for the attacker, and one solution was to take the knight down and use the extra force of gravity to help defeat the prostrate man. They turned to wrestling traditions that existed in their respective cultures, which included a great deal of techniques for combat situations. Knights were full time soldiers who spent their lives developing and honing martial skills, and as a result the Middle Ages were something of a golden age of European martial arts, and to this day we still have combat manuals written by masters of the time.
Getting started in Catch Wrestling can be daunting.
But training martial arts is one of the most beneficial things I've ever done, mentally and physically, but getting over the beginner's hump was where a chunk of those benefits come from.
Thankfully the Internet now allows us to learn more easily from those who came before us.
Here is what you will learn in Beginning Catch Wrestling
• What is catch wrestling?
• Where did catch wrestling originate?
• Who invented Catch wresting?
• How did Catch wrestling change into professional wrestling?
• How does catch wrestling differ from Judo?
• How does catch wrestling differ from Brazilian Jiu-jitsu?
• How does catch wrestling differ from Russian Sambo?
• What happens in the average Catch Wrestling class?
• Is Catch Wrestling right for Women?
• How often should I train CW, as a beginner?
• Is CW just a sport, or will it teach me self-defence?
• I'm really out of shape: Do I need to get fitter before starting CW?
• What are the belt ranks in CW?
• I'm getting frustrated with my lack of progress: how can I overcome this?
• Guide To Rolling/Sparring
• I get tired quickly when sparring: what can I do?
• I'm scared of sparring what should I do?
• How do I avoid injuries in CW?
• I'm worried about getting cauliflower ear: how do I avoid it?
• Effective Catch Wrestling techniques (With Videos)
Would You Like To Know More?
Download and begin your Catch As Catch Can journey.
Scroll to the top of the page and select the buy button.